TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT FOREIGN TRADE & TRANSPORT LAW
Foreign trade can expand your markets in these trying times. Learn how to get your products to and from customers and suppliers on time and hassle-free.
Get your product safely to its destination and protect your company’s investment. Learn how to deal successfully with banks, freight forwarders, customs brokers and foreign customers and find out how to use the necessary documents to obtain the greatest cost benefit in transportation for your company and timely execution of your orders!
Also transport is a critical and costly function that is frequently overlooked. Yet the benefits from efficient control and administration of operations and transport equipment can be substantial.
- Discover the latest foreign trade guidelines and regulations
- Get freight forwarders and bankers to work together to solve your logistics problems
- Maximize the services of general and bonded warehouses
- Avoid excessive duties by using foreign trade zones wherever and whenever possible
- Avoid the pitfalls of improper documentation
- Examine the link of transport in the company operations and activities
- Analyze the key areas of operations
- Identify and understand key performance indicators
- Best in class practices
Who should Attend
Foreign trade managers, traffic managers, shipping department personnel, international marketing managers, customer service staff, controllers, purchasing managers and directors of procurement or logistics.
THE ROLE OF THE TRANSPORT IN LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN
- Objectives, roles and responsibilities
- Definitions and uses of transport
- Checklist to undertake an initial analysis of operations
- Transport modes and methods speed, cost and reliability variables choosing transport modes
- Checklists on advantages/disadvantages of alternative modes
UNDERSTAND THE FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AREAS OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- Give an overview of the risks inherent to the foreign trade field
- Explain the importance of being detail-oriented and of complying with foreign trade regulations
- Evaluate how trends in third-party logistics impact your decisions with regard to how you run your import/export operations
LIST & EXPLAIN THE PRIMARY DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO EXPORT AND IMPORT GOODS
- list & explain the factors used to determine duties and taxes on your goods
- explain the importance of understanding and controlling the terms of sale Incoterms (International Commercial terms)
SET PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR YOUR FORWARDER(S)
- Control import & export costs by using consolidators
- Use technology to gain a competitive advantage in global trade
ROAD FREIGHT TRANSPORT: LEGISLATION
- Identifying the typical costs involved
- Checklists on vehicle productivity, vehicle costs and on fuel economy
- Service level analysis
- Operator licensing
- Getting costs under control by targeting and measurement
- Checklist on customer service sampling
Case Studies: Practical case studies to cover the whole topics and strengthen the meanings
Additional Info.In addition to materials on Microsoft Word, Instructor will use power point presentation. Participants will increase their knowledge base and skill sets through a variety of instructional methods including lectures by an experienced instructor and consultant who has “been there-done that”, individual and group exercises, case studies and group discussions and interactions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.