SUCCESSION PLANNING TO DERIVE MOBILITY
Succession planning is a hot topic trending across functions and industries at the modern workplace.
People provide the only real competitive edge you have in business.
Proper Talent Management, including Competency Frameworks, Succession Planning, and Career Path Planning and Performance Management are vital to all organizations, particularly during times of change, globalization and increased competition. This program will not confuse you with mathematics and formula; rather it will focus on the practical and ‘real world’ application of these areas in contemporary organizations.
This highly practical and relevant program presents a systematic approach to Succession Planning, Competency Frameworks, and Career Path Planning as well as a touch-down on Performance Management.
HR Professionals attending this course will master the competencies to effectively implement a positive succession plan across the organization.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Decipher and appreciate the importance of talent management in an organization.
- Understand what Succession planning is, and how it can contribute to organizational effectiveness.
- Understand the advantages and limitations of competency frameworks in the company.
- Analyze the practical use of succession planning for ensuring smooth management.
- Learn the fundamental processes of effective performance management.
- Apply the use of career path planning in your organization and its uses.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Human Resource Managers, HR Business Partners, HR Consultants and related HR professionals.
- Business Leaders, Functional Heads, Line Managers and Supervisors having subject interface.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
UNDERSTANDING SUCCESSION PLANNING
- Understanding talent management
- The context for planning and succession
- People as a competitive edge
- HR as a strategic tool – Case study
- What is succession planning?
- Why is it important to have a succession plan?
- Processes of Succession Planning
- Challenges in Succession Planning
- Reality check
SUCCESSION & TALENT
- Why is the talent pool important?
- Managing your ‘people inventory’
- Management continuity
- Succession planning
- Methods for succession planning
- Talent management v/s succession planning
- Practice exercise
- What are competencies?
- Types of competencies
- Understanding competency frameworks
- Basic principles of competency
- Developing a competency framework
- The practical use of competencies
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Practical exercise
- Understanding performance management
- Implementing a successful appraisal scheme
- Types of assessment and appraisal systems
- Common reasons for failure and mistakes made
- Performance management in a multi-cultural setting
- Case study
CAREER PATH PLANNING
- What is a career and why it matters?
- Techniques for career planning explored
- Building the Career Ladder
- Career Planning and its relationship to Succession Planning
- Putting it all Together
- Personal action planning
- Practical exercise