SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT
Six Sigma Green Belt certification provides an overall insight into the techniques of Six Sigma, its metrics, and basic improvement methodologies. Students will learn how to integrate Six Sigma methodologies for the improvement of production and transactional systems, in order to better meet customer expectations and bottom-line objectives of their organization.
The course provides an introduction to process management and the basic tools of Six Sigma, giving students a stronger understanding of processes, enabling each individual to provide meaningful assistance in achieving an organization’s overall objectives.
- Will understand and recognize fundamentals of Six Sigma principles, roles, and value to the organization.
- Will recognize stages of team development and dynamics; understand decision-making tools and communication methods.
- Will be able to apply basic quality tools and metrics to a DMAIC project.
- Will understand project stakeholders and the definition of SIPOC.
- Will be able to perform basic project management practices to define project goals.
- Will understand VOC and CTQ with respect to project selection and related influence of stakeholders.
- Good understanding of project charter, key communications, and tollgate reviews.
- Will understand project planning, documenting and reporting, and selection of project tools in each phase.
- Will be able to perform basic data collection activities, using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Will be able to apply basic statistics and calculations (mean, median mode, identification, and calculating).
- Will understand the significance of data integrity and be familiar with and able to identify MSA terminology
- Define how 5S can be used to eliminate waste.
- Describe and distinguish between common and special cause variation. Will have a fundamental understanding of root cause analysis (RCA).
- Will be familiar with and able to identify failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) terminology and process analysis tools.
- Basic understanding of probability and statistical tests (hypothesis testing, etc.) and how it will relate to understanding a process.
- Will understand and have basic awareness of key improvement techniques such as PDCA cycle, and control tools for project conclusion and sustainment.
- Will be able to explain how a basic control chart works.
- Understand the importance of improvement control and related documentation.
Managers, supervisors and professionals who wish to understand Six Sigma, its use and how it relates to work and business improvement.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
DEFINE PHASE TOOLS
- Project charter
- SMART objectives
- High level process mapping – SIPOC
- Voice of the customer (VoC), critical to quality (CTQ)
MEASURE PHASE TOOLS
- Importance of data, data collection and statistical analysis
- Understanding what to measure
- Types of data and visualizing data
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Control charts/statistical process controls
ANALYZE PHASE TOOLS
- Root cause analysis – 5Ys, fish bone, spaghetti diagrams
- Detailed process mapping
- Cause and effect analysis
- Pareto charts
- Introduction to various statistical analysis