SHIPS & MARINE PORTS MANAGEMENT
Ports have a key role in facilitating trade, playing a critical interface between marine and land based transportation.
They are part of international supply chain networks, the effectiveness of which drives trade competitiveness.
- Course Objectives
- To enhance strategic decision – making skill through analysis and integrated perspective
- To understand core general management concepts as applicable to the Ship & ports sector
Who Should Attend?
Personnel from the ports, shipping and related logistics services within the maritime sector globally.
Personnel in the fields of logistics & transportation and supply chain in industrial & service companies.
- Definition & type of marine ports.
- Definition of terms used in port management.
- Ports management types.
- Types and functions of concerned parties in port management.
- Private/public sectors role in port management.
- Ports evaluation factors.
- Benefits and beneficiaries of Ports Reform.
- Ships Types & specifications.
- Difference and specifications of Liner and
- Tramp vessels.
- Cargo types & specifications and handling.