Ladder and Scaffold Safety Training Course
In the Ladder and Scaffold Safety Training, participants learn how to: identify hazards associated with working on ladders and scaffolds, understand worker and supervisor responsibilities, develop safe practices with the goal of preventing dangerous situations and accidents. One of the leading causes of workplace injury is falling from ladders, but they are often the most preventable. The majority of falls are caused by misuse, faulty ladders, carelessness, and a lack of training.
- Identify the importance of preventing falls from ladders and scaffolds.
- Recognize fall hazards associated with ladder and scaffold use.
- Identify statutory requirements for ladders and scaffolds.
- Identify work practices for using ladders and scaffolds safely.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers; Engineers and Technicians; Safety and Health Officers; Supervisors;
All other worker involving in the use of ladder and scaffold
Ladder Safety Training
- Ladder accidents and hazards
- Common causes of ladder injuries
- Ladder duty ratings
- How to select the appropriate ladder for the situation
- Inspection practices for step and extension ladders
- How to position a ladder
- How to safely climb and descend a ladder
- Recognizing electrical hazards
- Identifying unsafe ladders
- Ladder storage
- Best practices for safety
- Identifying other hazards
Scaffold Safety Training:
- Identifying hazards
- Dangerous areas of a scaffold
- Different types of scaffolds
- What is the supervisor’s responsibility?
- Accident prevention
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Training. Without retraining, knowledge might be forgotten while skills may deteriorate rapidly when not being used / practiced. Therefore, yearly retraining is very much recommended.