This training course is designed to give a detailed insight to the participants for understanding of Codes and Standards with emphasis on the right approach and methodology for using the codes. It helps the participants to understand the Code objectives, Code intents, stated and implied requirements (i.e. letter and spirit of the code).It also helps the participants to know the mandatory, recommended and optional stipulations of the code. The course also covers overview of various codes and standards used in Process Industries for design, inspection, construction and in-service inspection. The course will be delivered in such a way that most of the code concepts will be clarified by both the code statements and the relevant examples. The course also deals in: What is Code and what is standard (difference between them), Selection of appropriate code and standard for intended application, where one can take deviations from code etc. The course is designed such that participants with previous background of using the codes will understand the most effective and scientific use of codes for their purpose while the freshers will understand the correct approach and right use of the codes.
• To explain to participants the basic difference between code and standard
• To familiarize participants with the concepts and technical terms of Engineering Codes and standards
• Choose the right engineering code for an intended application and carry out simple code calculations
• Be able to understand limitations imposed by various codes on material for construction for pressure components
• To introduce participants to an overview of commonly adopted codes and standards in oil & gas, petrochemical and power industries
• To give overview of common engineering codes as regards design, material selection, construction, inspection and testing of pressure components
Who Should Attend?
Design engineers, mechanical engineers and Plant managers, with or without experience in application of codes & standards. Design engineers, project engineers, inspection engineers, maintenance engineers and technicians will find this course valuable for them. Engineers, senior draftsmen, inspection, maintenance, and quality assurance personnel who work in the chemical, petroleum, utilities, petrochemical plants, fertilizer plants etc, will find it a time-saving means to broaden and update their knowledge of codes and standards.