All types of projects have three performance dimensions: technical specifications, time and budget. A wide range of inputs from project team with complementary professional skills is required for managing the diverse project activities and varied inputs, and to ensure project completion within budget and on time.
Good project management professionals are actually in short supply and there is a growing recognition of the consequences of the lack of skills needed to plan, manage and control projects. This intensive training program is designed to provide the participants with three essential project management competencies: project planning, scheduling, and cost control. Training should be conducted in an interactive environment through relevant case studies, group practice sessions and computer applications.
Who Should Attend?
This course is valuable for professionals new to project management or those who wish to refresh their knowledge of project management best practices. The program is beneficial for project management staff from all industries and all disciplines including engineering, research and development, information technology, construction, maintenance and overhauls, and all long-term service projects.
This program is designed to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Recognize and effectively manage the project life cycle
- Analyze the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Conduct necessary duration and cost estimates
- Perform activity scheduling
- Identify, assign, and tabulate resource requirements with relevant costing
- Calculate earned values and anticipate variations
- Predict future project performance