Course Title: Process Engineering Fundamentals Technologies Control Instrumentation
Process engineering is at the heart of much of the chemical, oil, gas, and petrochemical industries. The process engineer is interested in the transportation and transformation of solids, liquids and gases, but must also be familiar with many of the other engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation. Of specific importance are separation processes including distillation, heat transfer, hydraulics and fluid flow, process control and economics. These are the fundamental principles of process engineering.
This programme considers the areas of process engineering that are most commonly encountered, and will provide an understanding of the fundamentals to the non-specialist, and a refresher to practicing engineers, with examples that will be drawn from a range of process industries including oil and gas processing, petrochemicals, chemical manufacturing.
Who Should Attend?
• Practicing or lapsed chemical engineers wanting to refresh their fundamental knowledge
• All those working in the chemical, petrochemical, oil and process industries with a need to understand and discuss fundamental process engineering and technology issues with the process engineering specialists or other professionals
• These will include geo-scientists, petroleum engineers, production engineers, trainee process engineers, R&D chemists, plant chemists, plant operators, EHS specialists and economists
• Case studies and examples will cover a range of levels, making the programme also suitable non-technical staff
In this programme you will:
• Learn to interpret flowsheets and process flow diagrams
• Develop and understand mass and energy balances in process design
• Learn about fluid flow, pumps and compressors, and mixing
• Discuss heat transfer equipment and their design, including heat exchangers
• Understand distillation and separations used in oil and gas processing
• Discuss effluent minimization and treatment
• Learn how to control processes
• Perform a basic economic analysis of a project
• Understand the safety and environmental responsibility on process engineers