This intensive course covers the different defects that might occur in reinforced concrete structures and the proper inspection and maintenance needed to keep these structures in good conditions and extend their life time. The technical and managerial requirements are emphasized through presenting the different inspection techniques, defects and flaws in reinforced concrete structures, and recommended maintenance technique according to each case and when the need for each of them in order to maintain the integrity of buildings and the working age of the infrastructure. The defects in buildings and infrastructure will be discussed. TQM and ISO 9003 methods will also be presented. The trainees will build up maintenance strategies plans and thorough team work to enhance their inspection and management skills.
Upon completion of this course, a participant should be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of maintenance and inspection of reinforced concrete structure
- Know the types, causes, and spreading of flaws in concrete structure
- Earn the skills of different inspection techniques for reinforced concrete structures
- Learn the main criteria of the corrective maintenance
- Know the proper maintenance for different concrete defects
Who should Attend
This course is intended for civil, electrical and mechanical engineers whose work is related to inspection and maintenance of concrete structure. Hence, this course can be potentially useful to those responsible for building and facilities maintenance and maintenance management.