Pavement Design of Roads Training Course
The course will discuss three methods of pavement design which comprise of the Soil Factor (SF) design method, R-value design method and an introduction to MnPAVE for thickness design. The course will review the importance of and tools for the following elements of roadway design:
- Data collection and accurate traffic projections.
- Subgrade soil evaluation and best practices for enhancement.
- Pavement section materials and specifications.
- Best construction practices and their effect on pavement life.
- Review soil factor and R-value thickness design
- Introduction to MnPAVE for thickness design (including practical exercises)
- Review subgrade soil evaluation and best construction practices
- Overview subgrade soil enhancement practices
- Review pavement section materials and best construction practices
Who should Attend
Civil engineers and technicians responsible for pavement designs.
- Types of road pavement
- Soil Characteristics
- Pavement Layers
- Traffic Loads
- Design of Asphalt Mixes using Marshall design method
- Stresses in Flexible pavements
- Design of flexible pavement using AASHTO design method
- Performance based tests of asphalt pavement