MILE2 CERTIFIED DIGITAL FORENSICS EXAMINER CDFE TRAINING
The Certified Digital Forensics Examiner, C)DFE certification is designed to train Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigators. Students are taught electronic discovery and advanced investigation techniques. This course is essential to anyone encountering digital evidence while conducting an investigation.
Mile2’s Certified Digital Forensics Examiner training teaches the methodology for conducting a computer forensic examination. Students will learn to use forensically sound investigative techniques in order to evaluate the scene, collect and document all relevant information, interview appropriate personnel, maintain chain-of-custody, and write a findings report.
Through the use of a risk-based approach, the C)DFE is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards.
Suggested Prior Knowledge:
- 1 year experience in computers
- Mile2’s CSP Course or Certification
WHAT YOU WILL GET?
- Individual Course Access
- Online Course Video
- E-Lab Guide
- Exam Prep
- Cyber Range Access
- IS Security Officers
- IS Managers
- Virtualization Engineers and Managers
- Cloud Security Managers
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
Computer Forensic Incidents
Digital Acquisition and Analysis Tools
Disks and Storages
Digital Evidence Protocols
Digital Evidence Presentation
Specialized Artifact Recovery
eDiscovery and ESI
- Lab 1 – Chain of Custody
- Lab 2 – Identify Seized Evidences
- Lab 3 – Devices Acquisition
- Lab 4 – Memory Acquisition
- Lab 5 – Prepare the Case Evidence
- Lab 6 – Investigate the Acquired Evidence
- Lab 7 – Prepare the Case Evidence
- Lab 8 – Windows Event Logs Analysis
- Lab 9 – Linux Primary Info Retrieval
- Lab 10 – Investigate OSX Evidence
- Lab 11 – Finding Clues
- Lab 12 – Construct the Case Events
- Lab 13 -Evidence found from a Seized Android Device
- Lab 14 – Incident Response
EXAMINATION & CERTIFICATION
The Certified Digital Forensics Examiner exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions.
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.