Virtual Team Management Training Course
In the modern scenario, virtual workers and virtual teams are an essential part of today’s workforce. More than ever, people are using technology to work anywhere, anytime. There are big benefits to today’s virtual workplace, but there can be big challenges, too. This course will teach managers and supervisors how to manage virtual teams, strategies to prepare employees for the virtual workplace, create telework programs, build virtual teams, leverage technology, and overcome cultural barriers.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESAfter the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how virtual environment is shaping the workplace.
- Internalize strategies to build a virtual team and lead them to success.
- Get educated on techniques to work productively with virtual teams.
- Learn how to create a virtual workplace strategy and implement it.
- Understand the best practices to plan and lead virtual meetings.
- Develop, implement, and maintain telecommuting programs.
- Learn how to use modern technology to support a virtual workplace.
- Become confident to overcome cultural barriers when leading virtual teams.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Business leaders, managers and supervisors with the responsibility of managing virtual work teams.
- HR and Administration Specialists and similar roles involved in virtual team support and management.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants and employees with related exposure to the subject and who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and practical learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
INTRODUCTION TO VIRTUALITY
- Defining the Virtual Workplace
- Traditional versus Virtual Workplace
- Advantages of the Virtual Workplace
- Challenges of a Virtual Workplace
- Cases study
BUILDING VIRTUAL TEAMS
- What are Virtual Teams?
- Choosing great Virtual Teams
- Do’s and don’ts in building Virtual Teams
- Why do modern companies have Virtual Teams?
- Best practices for making Virtual Teams deliver
MODELS FOR TEAM DEVELOPMENT
- Major models of team development
- Tuckman and Jensen’s five stages of team development
- How can Virtual Teams be developed?
- Practical exercise
MANAGING VIRTUAL TEAMS
- Defining virtual workplace strategy
- Creating Virtual Workplace Programs
- Setting employees up for telework
- Managing performance virtually
- Fostering discipline in the virtual workforce
- Virtual Leadership Strategies
- Scheduling and conducting team meetings
- Leading Virtual Team Meetings
- Working with Cross-Cultural Teams
- Unleashing the power of technology
- Using social media for virtual collaboration
- Practical exercise