Machinery Vibration & Condition Monitoring Training Course
This course will introduce the various concepts of Condition Based Maintenance. Trainees will be able to understand and operate the various tools used in identifying machinery health problems and describe the machine condition to provide measurable improvements in performance. The course will particularly emphasize the use of machinery vibration as a tool to determine machine health, condition monitoring and identify root cause problems.
At the end of the course trainee will be able to :
- Teach trainees how the principles of changes in health, or condition, of a machine often produce changes in the machine’s vibration.
- Trainees will be able to determine the condition of machinery as it operates, to schedule the most efficient and effective repair of problem components prior to failure.
- Ideal condition based model – detection, analysis, correction, verification. Examples of condition based parameters – vibration, bearing temperature, thermography, lubricant condition, motor current, ultrasonics.
- Introduce the concept of vibration and how it applies to bearing vibration analysis in the detection of bearing defects and faults
- Introduce vibration sensor types, mounting methods and applications
- Introduce the concept of spectrum analysis, and general overview of how analysts recognize and analyses typical machinery problems
- Setting up vibration measurement sites and parameters, types of condition monitoring alarms, vibration signal processing methods.
Who should Attend
- Application Engineer, Condition Monitoring
- Engineer/Technician, Electrical Engineer/Fitter/
- Manager/Supervisor/Technician, Engineering
- Draftsman/Manager/Supervisor, Mechanical
- Maintenance Engineer/Manager/Supervisor/
- Technician/Fitter/Lubrication Fitter, Operations
- Manager/Supervisor, Planning Manager,
- Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer/Manager/
- Supervisor, Store Supervisor
- Welcome and Introduction
- Common types of Maintenance
- Basics of Condition Monitoring Technologies
- Introduction to Machinery Vibration Analysis
- Practical Exercises
- What is Vibration?
- Vibration Sensors
- Setting up for Vibration Measurement.
Practical Application Examples
- Practical Exercises
- Introduction to Thermography Cameras and Thermometers