Influential Change Management Training Course
Positive Influence is easily the most effective competency for leaders working and delivering successful change across organizations today. Practicing influence has as much to do with the practitioner as it has to do with the participant teams.
This training course has been hand-crafted to activate the power of influence in leadership positions by merging it with productive team management strategies.
Essentially, leadership is all about managing change and developing high performing teams. By developing and executing change ideas together, as a team, leaders can take people towards excellence and successful change.
This training course is designed to be immersive, engaging and challenging while enabling participants to explore, learn and develop effective plans for the future that are practical, robust and effective.
This action-oriented course will help attending senior-level participants to uncover best practices in strategic change management by sharing ownership and driving real results.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Define Change and understand what constitutes Change Management in the modern scenario.
- Navigate the steps involved in the Change Management process at the organization.
- Understand the key drivers of organizational change, both internal and external.
- Create and deliver positive change initiatives at the organization.
- Enable teams to transition to change productively, quickly and smoothly.
- Understand the core issues of motivation and the practical steps to take for effectiveness.
- Unlock the power of competencies in leadership and utilize them to their advantage.
- Work towards building effective and high performing teams that deliver.
- Study persuasive techniques and skills to influence and persuade change.
- Utilize Core Competencies of Emotional Intelligence to power change.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Experiential learning exercises
- Business Leaders, Functional Heads and Senior Managers handling Change Management programs, projects and roles at their organization.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
- Understanding Change
- Why are people reluctant to Change?
- Exploring the Reactions to change
- Exploring the Responses to change
- Drawing the Change Curve
- Importance of Change in the organizational context
- Case study
Module – 02
MOTIVATING EFFECTIVE CHANGE
- Critical Success Factors in Change Management
- Navigating through the Six Essentials for Change
- Identify the reasons
- Establishing the results required
- Planning and Management
- Involving Stakeholders
- Monitor and Feedback
- Structure and Support
- Motivating Teams for Change Adoption
- Leadership Motivations versus Follower Motivations
- Using Communication to make Change Effective
- Case study
DISCOVERING CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Experience Sharing – Change Management
- Navigating the Process of Change Management
- Definition and concept of Change Management
- How does successful Change Management look like?
- Considerations for Successful Change Management
- PESTLE Model of Change Management
- Stages and Styles of Learning vs. Change
- Reality check
PRACTICAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Best Practices in Change Management
- Managing Change across Cultures
- Leading and Resolving Change Conflicts
- Creating CMAP – Change Management Action Plan
- Practical exercise
CREATING CHANGE PARTNERSHIPS
- Understanding the Importance of Partnerships
- Building Trust in Business Teams
- Developing High Performance Teams
- Discovering the Power of Influence versus Persuasion
- Implications of Emotional Intelligence for Change Management
- Five Core Competencies of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment – Practical Questionnaire
- Push and Pull Communications – What Works?
- Case study