HANDLING DIFFICULT & DEMANDING CUSTOMERS
Customers can sometimes be a bit too rough, or plain demanding.
Their requests may be well beyond the company policy or service offering.
However, the rule of ‘Customer is King’ still applies. Hence, it becomes important for people with customer interface to know who is a difficult nut to crack and how can they be handled in the best possible manner.
This training course has been developed by effectively merging the theory and practice of quality Customer Service for people with customer contact in their professional roles, especially Sales and Marketing pros who have to face and handle difficult or demanding customers.
Delegates attending this course will master the skillsets and competencies to effectively implement and execute a successful customer service approach in managing and handling difficult as well as demanding customers.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the essential principles of customer services for maximizing sales and marketing results.
- Defuse uncomfortable interactions with customers and minimize bad publicity.
- Respond professionally to any problems arising in service or business development context.
- Use empathy to maintain rapport with customers and continue with the business relationship.
- Professionally respond to a customer’s demands and requests while maintaining rapport.
- Focus on each customer as a prospect for business development and eventual sales development.
- Read and interpret body language signals and use them to enhance your communication skills.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Experiential learning exercises
- Sales and Business Development Managers, Account managers, credit and billing specialists, and professionals with direct customer interface.
- Business heads, as well as managers who want customer service training in order to reinforce their customer contact and management skills.
- Customer service representatives, technical staff, support personnel and field service representatives.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
CUSTOMER SERVICE PRINCIPLES
- Who Are Customers? (Internal/External)
- What Is Customer Service?
- Who Are Customer Service Providers?
- What Are The Fundamentals Of Customer Service Principles?
- How to Interact With Different Types of Customers and Different Personalities?
- What Customers Want and How To Satisfy Them?
- Why is Customer Service essential for Sales professionals?
UNDERSTANDING TOUGH CUSTOMERS
- Why are some customers difficult?
- Are we at fault?
- Profiling Difficult Customers
- Anatomy of a Difficult Customer
- Anatomy of a Demanding Customer
- Probing reasons
- Appearance Counts!
- The Power Of A Smile
- Staying Positive
- Identifying And Addressing Their Needs
- Understanding The Customer’s Problem
- Going The Extra Mile
HANDLING DIFFICULT CUSTOMERS
- What Does It Mean To Handle A Customer Professionally?
- What Are The Common Challenging Customer Service Scenarios?
- How to Handle Generally Difficult Customers?
- How to Handle Angry Customers?
- How to Handle Swearing Customers?
- How to Handle Demanding Customers?
- How to Handle a Developing Long Queue?
HANDLING CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS
- How to Handle Complaints?
- What Are The Principles Of Handling Unhappy Customers?
- How to Deliver a “Soft No”?
- Rules of Escalation
- Knowing Company Policy
- Practice – Role Play
USING BODY LANGUAGE FOR TOUGH CUSTOMERS
- What Body Language Signals Are Critical for a Great First Impression?
- What Gestures Put Difficult Customers At Ease
- How to Establish Rapport With Tough Customers
- How to Generate Leads through Tough customers
- How to use Customer Service to complement the Sales efforts
- How to Read Tough Customer Body Language?
- Practical Exercise