GEOGRAPHICAL & MAPPING INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Introduces the concept and use of geographic information systems (GIS). Covers assorted topics in GIS including map generation and analysis, vector and raster GIS, spatial databases and query, spatial data display, simple spatial analysis, data in GIS, GIS capabilities, GIS data structures and sources of data, GIS tools, and GIS analysis.
- Provides introduction to the concepts and principles of geospatial information systems
- Introduces participants to the basics of GIS data models and spatial data structure
- Develops fundamental understanding of spatial data acquisition, geo-processing, querying of spatial data, terrain mapping, spatial analysis, and visualization
- Introduces the basics of GIS design and implementation, GIS capabilities, and GIS applications
Who should Attend
Engineers, planners, decision making officials, IT people, etc.
- Basic geographic concepts
- Map characteristics
- Vector and raster GIS
- GIS data structure
- Data in GIS
- GIS analysis
- GIS design