Authorized Gas Tester Training Course
Working in a toxic or flammable atmosphere presents a high risk for the workers and every year
many incidents are being reported all around the world. Oil and Gas Industries possess a high rate of incident statistics in this field. The gas tester role is critical to ensure safe working conditions in permit controlled confined space or for hot work.
During the course participants, will gain an understanding on the legislative, company requirements, recognizing hazards and gases, pre – entry requirements, safe working codes of practices, be certified as an Authorized Gas Tester for confined space and conduct effective gas testing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Our Gas Testing training course is designed for workers who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace. These areas that may need to be atmospherically tested may include:
- Confined spaces,
- Hazardous material storage areas,
- Restricted spaces,
- Areas which contain dangerous goods
The program focuses on:
- Introduction & Definitions,
- Hazard Recognition and Assessment,
- Flammability of Hydrocarbons
- Role and Responsibilities of an AGT,
- Testing Confined Spaces,
- Consequences of deficient and enriched atmospheres,
- Familiarization and use of portable Gas Detector,
- Requirements for PPE.
Assessment will be done at the end of the course.
Assessment Method – Multiple-choice examination