Effective Communication Strategies
The modern workplace is a busy geography which involves dozens of interactions at the workplace.
When we have so many interactions in the run of a day, it is reasonable to expect that some of them are going to be difficult.
Whether these are conversations that you have in person, or you manage a virtual team and need to speak with someone in another city, there are things that you can do to make these conversations go smoothly.
This workshop will give you the tools to manage difficult conversations and get the best results possible out of them. This intensive leadership program will be a powerful and practical learning experience to help senior participants in conquering and mastering difficult conversations.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, leadership participants will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the presence of difficult conversations in context of the workplace.
- Internalize strategies to maintain safety in a conversation and avoid verbal conflicts.
- Get educated on techniques to carry out a difficult conversation at the workplace.
- Define frame of reference and establish a positive intent and a desired outcome.
- Improve and utilize effective communication skills during a conversation.
- Draft a script for a difficult conversation and be comfortable to navigate through.
- Use specific response steps and access additional resources as and when required.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Business leaders, managers and supervisors involved in communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultant sand employees with related exposure to the subject and who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and practical learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
CUSTOMER SERVICE PRINCIPLES
- Who Are Customers? (Internal/External)
- What Is Customer Service?
- Who Are Customer Service Providers?
- What Are The Fundamentals Of Customer Service Principles?
- How to Interact With Different Types of Customers and Different Personalities?
- What Customers Want and How To Satisfy Them?
MASTERING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- Understanding stakes and priorities
- Toolkit for Successful Conversations
- Mastering effective communication
- Managing body language
- Speaking persuasively
- Active listening
- Asking questions
- Using probing techniques
- Practice exercise
CHOICE OF PARTICIPATION
- Choosing to have the conversation
- Willful participation vs. forced participation
- Value check for having the conversation
- Consider the potential outcomes
- Checklist – Can I avoid this conversation?
Module – 03
- Planning to have the conversation
- Preparation guidelines – do’s and don’ts
- Choosing the Time and Place
- Framework for Difficult Conversations
- Staying Safe
- Testing the Waters
- Aiming Win-Win
- Closing with a positive
- Establishing a Chain of Command
- Practical exercise
WORKING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- Background of the conversation
- Possible consequences of each stance
- Explore the frame of reference
- Establish positive intent
- Identify expectations from the conversation
- Practice exercise