DISPUTES CLAIMS & NEGOTIATION SKILLS
Disputes, Claims and Negotiations Skills for Construction Engineers will provide practical information and advice for analyzing the issues and disputes that arise during the normal course of a construction project including how a claim is made, how to prepare and negotiate a settlement, and how to produce a counterclaim if needed.
- Understanding Construction Contracts
- Introduction to concepts of Construction Law
- Avoiding construction claims and disputes
- Developing claim documentation
- Negotiating Changes, Claims, etc.
Who should Attend
- Owner representatives – project managers, project engineers, project controls personnel,
- Contractor personnel – site supervisors, general foreman, general contractors, subcontractors, trade contractors
- Designers – engineers, architects, project managers, senior design managers
- Third parties – construction consultants, construction attorneys, cost control specialists
Day – 01
- Introduction to Construction Disputes, Claims, Negotiations: Construction Law, Form of Contracts, Delivery Methods, Compensations Methods
Day – 02
- Construction Risk Management: Contract Terms, Insurance, Contingency, Change Control, Bonding, Termination
Day – 03
- Construction Claims: Differing Site Conditions, Delays, Loss of Productivity, Acceleration
Day – 04
- Dispute Resolution: Change Management, Change Directives, Mediation, Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Litigation
Day – 05
- Negotiations: Contracting and Subcontracting, Workforce Negotiations, Change Order Negotiations, Strategy and Deployment, Contract Close-out
Case Study: Construction of new Hospital Facility in major U.S. metropolitan city. The construction project, with a total cost in excess of 1 billion USD, encountered numerous delays, changes, claims, disputes, and ultimately a protracted litigation process.