Creative Problem Solving Course & Learn Techniques
This training course has been craftily developed to help attending professionals to start using Creativity as a useful and effective Problem Solving and Tool.
In our lives we face a plethora of problems. Some problems are more complex, like deciding how to prioritize our work, or understanding why a process failed and deciding what to do about it; these require a rational approach to problem solving. Often, things get more complicated, or our decisions could have an important impact on our lives, careers or the lives of those around us; that is where we must have the ability to think critically and make sure there is no flaw in our logic. Creative problem solving hence, is now an invaluable skill.
This training will arm all attendees with the needed skills to ‘think as if there was no box’ and be different.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Use logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions
- Apply traditional and creative tools for identifying causes and generating solutions
- Administer creativity and lateral thinking as business tools
- Analyze and solve actual problems facing them at work
- Ask the ‘right questions’ and overcoming the stress of making complex decisions
- Strengthen and build credibility with upper management
- Formulate strategic approaches to problem solving and decision making
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Specialists and Professionals interested in creativity and working in the field of Problem Solving.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
- Definition of Creativity
- Importance of Creativity at the Workplace
- Famous Creative Personalities
- Expression of Creativity
- Can creativity be learnt?
- Reality check
UNDERSTANDING PROBLEM SOLVING
- What are Problems?
- Can problems be solved?
- Understanding Problem Solving
- Overview of Definitions and Tools
- Right decisions at the right times
LINKING CREATIVITY WITH PROBLEM SOLVING
- Understanding Creativity Approach
- Identifying our own mind traps
- Brain analysis and ways of learning
- Right brain, left brain thinking
- Assessing your thinking style and how it influences the way you approach problem solving
- Learning how to shift from right brain to left brain
CREATIVITY TOOLS FOR PROBLEM SOLVING
- Assessment of creativity and ways to think creatively
- Lateral thinking tips
- Creativity and its use as a business tool
- Barriers to creativity and ways to overcome them
- The hemispheres of the brain
- Brainstorming tips and tools
- Six thinking hats
- The helicopter approach
- Developing a Creativity Plan
- Identifying your Creative Triggers
- Implementing your Creativity Action Plan
- Practical Exercise