Negotiation Skills Training Course
Negotiation happens all around us, almost all of the time.
What makes highly successful negotiators different from everyone else is their ability to combine a deep understanding of the negotiation process with an ability to think, plan and act strategically when they negotiate across a broad range of contexts and situations. The Negotiation Skills Course provided by the Xceed Academy trains you to develop into excellent negotiators. This Negotiation Training Course not only improves your skills helping you to negotiate better deals and agreements, it also enables you to manage teams more efficiently, interact with colleagues, customers and clients more effectively, and resolve both internal and external conflict more powerfully.
At Xceed, we provide you the Negotiation Training Course that builds on the latest analytical, strategic and practical negotiation thinking and explores both highly competitive bargaining behaviors, as well as a collaborative problem solving strategic approach. If you join our Negotiation Skills Course, you will develop a deep understanding of the negotiation process and develop new practical skills that will allow you to plan, manage and execute every negotiation in a highly effective way.
At the completion of the comprehensive Negotiation Training Course, you will become capable enough to:
- Understand the importance of negotiation, in various business interactions, including sales and business development.
- Gain insight into their own strengths and weaknesses as negotiators and to acquire personalized feedback to effect improvement
- Learn how to negotiate effective agreements that identify, create and capture value
- Develop a range of practical negotiation skills and strategies that can be used in a variety of situations
- Gain confidence through being able to plan, execute and deliver effective negotiation outcomes
- Learn how to identify and enhance leverage, and communicate effectively in cross-cultural environments
- Develop an understanding of the underlying psychological drivers of negotiation behaviors and how to harness these to influence others.
Our proficient teachers at Xceed use various principles and teaching methods in the Negotiation Skills Course to help you enhance your skills. These include:
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Management Case Studies
The online Negotiation Training Course provided by Xceed Academy is just for you, if you are:
- Sales and Business Development Managers, Account managers, and related Sales professionals.
- Business Leaders, Functional Heads, Line Managers and Supervisors having subject interface.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
If you want to opt for our Negotiation Skills Course, you have to sit for the following course assessment:
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
INTRODUCTION TO NEGOTIATIONS
- Understanding negotiations
- Characteristics of a negotiation situation
- Key principles of effective negotiation and deal making skills
- The core components of effective negotiation behavior
- Hard bargaining and problem solving – focusing your skill development
- Managing the inherent tensions present in every negotiation
- The stages and phases of a negotiation
- Role play
ADVANCED NEGOTIATION STRATEGIES
- Steps to Build a Deal
- Negotiation Strategies versus tactics
- Effective approaches to hard bargaining
- Alternatives, walk-away point, bargaining range & objective setting
- Constructing Opening Offers, Winners Curse, and Norms of Fairness
- How to create value, strategies and tactics of integrative negotiation
- Effective value generating deal making strategies
- Underlying interests, high value/low value trades, unbundle issues and multiple offers
- Practice exercise
- Case study
GETTING THE BIGGER PIE
- Aiming to build better deals
- Identifying and building leverage
- Enforcement mechanisms – what is the purpose of a contractual agreement?
- Formal dispute resolution process: Negotiation, mediation, arbitration & litigation
- Developing mediation skills to build better deals
- Negotiating with difficult people – getting past ‘No’.
- The ethics of leverage – appropriate negotiation behavior
- Role play
PREPARATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Getting ready to implement the strategy: The planning process
- Preparing and managing negotiation teams
- Communicating to maximize influence
- Indirect forms of communication – body language
- The power of listening skills in negotiation
- Understanding power and communication in a cross-cultural context
- Strategic considerations in cross-cultural negotiations
- Case study
PRACTICING THE POWER OF INFLUENCE
- What Body Language Signals Are Critical?
- Understanding the importance of influence
- Reciprocation, scarcity and authority
- Consistency, liking and social proof
- Bringing it all together – negotiating better deals
- Traits of the advanced negotiator
- What to take away from this course
- Practical Exercise
You need to learn the art of negotiation because it enables you to manage the teams of your organisation more efficiently. It helps you to interact with colleagues, customers and clients more effectively, and resolve both internal and external conflict more powerfully.
The Negotiation Skills Course that Xceed Academy helps you to develop into excellent negotiators. Joining this Course will improve your skills to negotiate better deals and agreements. The course helps you to learn the latest analytical, strategic and practical negotiation thinking and explores both highly competitive bargaining behaviors, as well as a collaborative problem solving strategic approach. Hence, you should opt for the Negotiation Skills Course at Xceed Academy.
If you enrol in this Negotiation Training Course you will get to know your own strengths and weaknesses as negotiators and will get personalized feedback from the top teachers to improve your skills. Also you will learn to negotiate effective agreements that identify, create and capture value and will be able to develop practical negotiation skills and strategies.
Yes, the Negotiation Training Course will be helpful for you to develop and expand your business.
To know the structure of the Negotiation Training Course provided by Xceed Academy and other details of the program, contact us soon.