ART OF INTERVIEWING
When the virtual stack of resumes in your inbox is screened and certain candidates have passed the initial shortlisting and phone screening, what comes next? Live Interviews!
- How should you use the relatively brief time to get to know and assess a near stranger?
- How many people at your firm should be involved?
- How can you tell if a candidate will be a good fit?
HR Professionals attending this course will master the skillsets to effectively learn and implement the techniques for conducting detailed, smart and intelligent interviews that get best results.
We call it – ‘the art of interviewing!’
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the meaning and importance of effective interviews for modern organizations.
- Identify and learn the major challenges and pitfalls faced by interviewers.
- Compare and contrast different interview techniques and the circumstances in which each works.
- Prepare effectively before going to conduct actual interviews.
- Master popular best practices and intelligent interviewing techniques.
- Conduct an intelligent and productive interview, across available media.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Experiential learning exercises.
- Human Resource Managers, HR Business Partners, HR Consultants and related HR professionals.
- Business Leaders, Functional Heads, Line Managers and Supervisors having subject interface.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
- What are Interviews?
- Uses of Interviews at the organization.
- Background for conducting interviews.
- Key objective for conducting interviews.
- Relationship of Interviews with Performance Management
- Relationship of Interviews with Training & Development
- Relationship of Interviews with Recruitment
- Reality check
PREPARING FOR INTERVIEWING
- Preparing for a Candidate Interview
- Interview Tips for the First Time Interviewer
- How to Interview Candidates: Ask the Right Questions
- Interview Preparation: Hire a Candidate with Just One Interview
- Conducting the Interview: Why Soft Skills Count
- Candidate Interviews that Get Results
- Improving Interview Skills: Learn from the Experts
- The Job Interview: A Two-Way Street
- Case study
INTERVIEWING ACROSS PLATFORMS
- What are the popular Interview platforms?
- Face to Face Interviews
- Telephonic Interviews
- Video Conferencing Interview
- Shop-floor Interview
- Peer Interviewing
- Interview Tips for the Solo Interviewer
- Asking the Right Phone Interview Questions
- Practical Exercise
- Dressing up to Interview
- Body language of the interviewer
- Reading questions or asking questions?
- What you must ask!
- What you must never ask!
- Legal angles to be considered
- Red Flags and Warning Signs in the Interview Process
- How to Interview Candidates, Not Educate Them
- Blocking Out Interview Biases
- Case study
BEST PRACTICES APPROACH
- Global Highlights on Art of Interviewing
- Anatomy of the Master Interviewer
- How do Fortune 500 companies approach Interviewing
- Key best practices to emulate and replicate in Interviewing
- Common Pitfalls – Avoiding blunders in Interviewing
- Putting it all together
- Personal Action Planning
LOCATION & DATE
Mode: Remote Training