ADVANCED RECRUITMENT ASSESSMENT & SELECTION
Recruitment is the life-blood of an effective Human Resource ecosystem. The Recruitment and Selection function is easily the busiest and most in-demand sub-function of the HR Department and hence, requires similar attention and focus for organizational success.
This brand new training course has been designed to examine every element of the recruitment process in detail from how the initial contact(s) are made to finally appointing the chosen candidate.
This training experience will enable attending delegates to make their own minds up as to “what is right process for their organization”, to deliver the best results for them currently and in the future. Additionally, the training course addresses the importance of having the appropriate resources available and how to achieve this to increase the probability of success.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective Recruitment, Assessment and Selection for the company.
- Examine the total process of Advanced Recruitment, Selection and Assessment techniques.
- Discuss at every stage potential outcomes and consequences when employing a variety of hiring and selection instruments/ tools and techniques.
- Create a methodology to be well placed to successfully differentiate between the good and excellent candidate consistently.
- Develop sound reasoning for adopting a modern recruitment approach when considering multiple role recruitment campaigns.
- Work effectively with modern recruitment applications and technologies to exceed expectations.
- Explore the use of Psychometric Analysis, both Personality and General Ability instruments along with the benefits, challenges and guidelines
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Recruitment experiential exercises.
- Business Leaders, Functional Heads, HR Managers and HR professionals having recruitment interface.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
UNDERSTANDING MODERN RECRUITMENT
- Introduction to the Recruitment and Selection Process
- Advances in the field of Recruitment and Selection
- How does modern recruitment relate to other HR functions
- Recruitment – HR versus Functional Departments
- Extensive use of Technology in all stages of Hiring
NAVIGATING THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Understanding the Recruit you are Looking for, the key Attributes
- Developing a SMART Job Description
- Creating the Person Specification
- Drafting Job Requisition and Job Advert
- Considering and Selecting the Potential Tools and Techniques to use for a given situation
- Constructing the Recruitment and Selection Decision Making Process
- Examination of Recruitment Competency Frameworks
- Relationship Between Recruitment Data and Development Needs
- Reliability and Effectiveness of Recruitment Tools and Techniques
- Working with Recruitment Key Performance Indicators
- Practical exercise
MODERN RECRUITMENT SOURCES
- Social Media as a useful Recruitment tool
- Power of LinkedIn for Hiring
- Twitter and Facebook as Hiring Tools
- Creating Online Advertisements
- Using Job Portals and Bulletin Boards
SELECTION TECHNIQUES & PSYCHOMETRIC ANALYSIS
- Working with Modern Selection Techniques
- Key Types of Interview – Strengths and Weaknesses
- Common Assumptions and Mistakes
- Interviewing in Practice – Fortune 500 Examples
- Examining the Data to make Informed Decisions
- How to Remove Bias and Ensure Fairness
- Using Psychometric Analysis & Assessment
- Examination and discussion on the Commonly used Instruments – OPQ32, Motivation Questionnaire, Graduate & Management Assessment Series
- Reviews of Various Psychometric tests to ensure ‘currency’ of candidate
- Mock assessment exercise
WORKING WITH ASSESSMENT CENTRES
- Examination of Online Tools and Techniques
- Constructing an Assessment Centre
- Developing the Right Level of Resources
- Tracking the on-going Development of Staff
- Measuring and Auditing Recruitment & Assessment Results
- Practice exercise