ADVANCED BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS
This training program is suitable for any professional in the private, public or third sectors looking to improve the structure of his or her written documents in order to provide readers with clear, fluent documents that can easily be followed from beginning to end.
Participants should already have a sound command of written English and grammar Skills course before taking this Program.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to meet the following training outcomes.
- How to make your writing clear, complete, concise, and correct
- How to improve sentence construction and paragraph development
- How to deal with specific business requests
- How to create effective business cases, letters, and documents
- How to thoroughly document sources that you use in your writing
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- This program is suitable for any professional in the private, public or third sectors looking to improve the structure of his or her written documents in order to provide readers with clear, fluent documents that can easily be followed from beginning to end.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
POWER OF BUSINESS WRITING
- Introduction to Business Writing
- Business Writing Scenarios
- Rules of Effective Writing
- 3 Cs of Business Writing:
- Writing Clearly
- Writing Concisely
- Writing Correctly
- Choosing Your Sources
- A Close Look At The Proper Length Of Paragraphs
- What A Paragraph Should Contain
- How To Order Paragraphs
- Building Paragraphs
- Making Connections
- Importance of Structure
DEALING WITH SPECIFIC REQUESTS
- Hands-On Practice With Writing Methods
- Types Of Business Writing
- Keeping It Real
- Urgent Communications
- Executive Communications
- Business Cases of Professional Writing
- Best Practices in Business Writing
- Useful Templates