PRESENTATION DESIGN & DELIVERY
This training course has been developed by effectively merging the theory and practice of Presentation design and Delivery. Have we ever pondered why is it that certain speeches and presentations last forever in our memories while others fade into oblivion by the time they are finished?
Is it the topic, the speaker or the material used? In this course, you will learn how to use every resource at your disposal to elevate your speeches and presentations from mundane to captivating. By helping you build exceptional introductions, coherent content and climactic closings, the course will have a significant impact on the effectiveness of the speeches and presentations you deliver, regardless of topic, audience or media used.
This best-selling and highly interactive course follows the hands-on approach and provides attendees with the opportunity to develop and deliver powerful presentations and receive feedback on your design and delivery. At the same time, the course also shares proven techniques to combat public speaking anxiety and help in making powerful and memorable presentations with charisma.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Enumerate main causes for boring and ineffective presentations and ways for overcoming them
- Prepare for a presentation using a systematic and easy-to-follow approach
- Build a presentation using the triple S rule
- Project the right verbal and non-verbal characteristics essential in powerful presentations
- Pinpoint the main reasons that lead to Public Speaking Anxiety (PSA) and ways for eliminating them prior to presenting
- Use the most commonly available visual aids to support their presentation and make it visually appealing
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Business Leaders and Functional Heads working in the field of designing and delivering presentations.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
UNDERSTANDING THE ART OF PRESENTATIONS
- Understanding importance of Business Presentations
- Why most presentations fail to leave an impact
- Difference between presenting and PowerPoint clicking
- The Art of Effective Presentations
- Attributes of an effective presentation
- Who is an Effective Presenter?
- Overcoming boring pitches and presentations
- Reality Check
MASTERING MS POWERPOINT
- Role of PowerPoint in Presentations
- Getting started with PowerPoint
- Features and functionality of PowerPoint
- Understanding the Ribbon
- Navigating the Drop-downs
- Starting with a Blank Slide
- Content Population
- Content Structuring
- Working with Text in PowerPoint
- Working with Colors
- Working with Design concepts
- Working with Images
- Working with Objects
- Working with SmartArt
- Working with Graphics
- Working with Animation and Effects
- PowerPoint – Hot Tips, Do’s and Don’ts
- Live Tutorial
PREPARING FOR A PRESENTATION
- Importance of preparation before presenting
- Gathering the raw data and research
- The various sources of data and presentation content
- How much information should you begin with
- Filtering the information
- Deciding on time allocation: how will you know how much time you need
- Formula of substance, style and support and its impact on the way you present
- The hamburger analogy: why content of substance should not be expanded
- When to focus on style and when to enhance support
MAKING OF AN EFFECTIVE PRESENTATION
- Opening with a win – How to win audience’s attention
- What should be mentioned in the outline?
- Anatomy of a Powerful Presenter
- Structure of an Effective Presentation
- The Psychological rule of 3
- Going with the flow
- Relevance of Plan B – Preparing for the unexpected
- Reasons why most people get nervous
- Adrenalin and its effect on presentations
- Dealing with PSA: short and long term solutions
- What do great presenters do?
- Use of objects and props for visual impact
- Secrets and techniques for using flip charts
- Pictures and images – Trends today
- Hand-outs: when and how to circulate them
- Recapping before the finish
- Common tips and pitfalls
- Closing with a bang
- Handling audiences
- Handling Q&A
- Practical Presentations
BODY LANGUAGE IN A PRESENTATION
- How important is the Body?
- Walk and Talk Style
- The hands, legs and the eyes
- To move or to stay put?
- Tips for effective body positioning
- Guidelines for animating the legs and hands
- Characteristics of captivating verbal delivery
- Avoiding clichés and euphemisms
- The dangers of smart casual
- Dress and appearance – What are the rules?
- Practical Exercise