CONQUERING CORPORATE CRISIS
In the modern scenario, it is difficult to predict the future with pin-point accuracy. Viable organizations need to be ready for emergencies because they are a fact of doing business.
The worst plan is not to have any kind of plan at all, and the best plans are tested and adjusted so that they work over time. Great leaders are brilliant at managing crisis, and this is what this course intends to work on.
Fortunately, you do not need separate plans for fire, weather disasters, and all the different kinds of crises that can occur. One solid plan will help you to prevent, respond, and recover from all crises.
This intensive course will help you ensure your organization is ready to manage any kind of crisis.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and define crisis scenarios in context of the workplace.
- Internalize strategies to build aggressive crisis management teams in the organization.
- Get educated on techniques to assign people to an appropriate crisis team role.
- Master techniques to conduct a crisis audit, supervise prevention and counter occurrence.
- Establish the means for business continuity and determine how to manage incidents.
- Help teams recover from a crisis using best practices and crisis management.
- Apply the crisis management process and fine-tune implementation as needed.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Business leaders, managers and supervisors with the responsibility of managing crisis and emergencies.
- HR, Administration and HSE Specialists and similar roles involved in organizational crisis management.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants and employees with related exposure to the subject and who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and practical learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
INTRODUCTION TO CRISIS
- Defining the meaning of Crisis at the Virtual Workplace
- What can be construed as a Crisis?
- What is Crisis Management?
- Challenges of managing a crisis effectively
- Cases study
DEVELOPING ACTION STRATEGY
- Defining the Crisis Management Strategy
- Performing a Risk Level Analysis
- Developing a Response Process
- Incident Management Techniques
- Working through the Issues
- Practice – Creating an Action Plan
CONDUCTING A CRISIS AUDIT
- Understanding a Crisis Audit
- Importance of conducting Crisis Audit
- Developing a useful Risk Matrix
- Practice exercise
- Establishing an Emergency Operations Center
- Establishing a Chain of Command
- Importance of Periodic Drills
- Building Business Continuity and Recovery
- Recovering and Moving On from a Crisis
- Practical exercise
CRISIS MANAGEMENT TEAMS
- Who is responsible for Crisis Management?
- Understanding competencies for Crisis Management Teams
- Training Leaders and Staff for Crisis Management
- Identifying potential team members for the CMT
- Consulting with external experts