CBM CERTIFIED BRAND MANAGER
This best-selling training course has been developed to tackle all the competencies needed to build a strong organizational brand and evaluate its performance and perceptions in the marketplace.
This program also details the role brand management plays in the strategic marketing process, the steps of the consumer adoption process, the different types of branding strategies and the signs that can indicate a troubled branding strategy.
After the successful completion of this comprehensive training course, participants will be able to:
- Define brands and understand the opportunities and challenges facing them in highly competitive business landscapes.
- Plan and craft a powerful brand positioning statement that reflects the brand’s promise and the expectations of their most valued customers.
- Build a strategic brand and track its growth and sustainability using researched processes.
- Explore the elements of brand equity and the constituents of brand identity to build consistent and sustainable brands.
- Identify various brand strategies to come up with sound actions aligned with the status of existing and new markets and products.
- Master the process for conducting a full brand audit to evaluate brand performance and take remedial actions.
- Group Live and Instructor-led Classroom Track
- PowerPoint presentation, with pointed breaks to stimulate discussion by the participants.
- Participative Classroom Activities, including:
- Ice-Breakers and Energizers
- Behavioral Role Plays
- Focused Video Playback
- Guided Group Discussions
- Management Case Studies
- Business Leaders and Functional Heads working in the field of developing and managing successful Brands.
- Corporate Practitioners, including specialists, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees with some related experience who wish to advance their functional expertise and competence.
- Pre-Assessment to gauge current level of conceptual understanding and customize training delivery.
- Session-based Practical Exercises, Reflective Quiz and Peer-group Notes Sharing and Evaluation
- Final Course Assessment, in a test environment, capturing course retention and learning.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND AGENDA
- The definition of a brand
- Reasons why brands matter
- A brief history of brands
- Difference between branding and marketing
- The challenges and opportunities of branding today
- Understanding branding
BUILDING BRAND EQUITY
- The concept of customer-based brand equity
- Building customer-based brand equity
- Benefits of customer-based brand equity
- Brand equity defined
- Elements of brand equity
- Brand loyalty
- Brand awareness
- Perceived quality
- Brand associations
- Designing brand identity
- Elements of brand identity
- Powerful tools to facilitate brand planning
- Brand positioning model
- Brand resonance model
- Brand value chain model
STRATEGIC BRAND MANAGEMENT PROCESS
- The brand management process: a useful model
- Developing brand vision
- Establishing brand position
- Fulfilling brand contract
- Brand communication
- Brand metrics: measuring RoBI (Return on Brand Investment)
- Elements of the strategic brand management process
- Identifying and establishing brand positioning and values
- Planning and implementing brand marketing programs
- Measuring and interpreting brand performance
- Growing and sustaining brand equity
BUILDING BRAND PORTFOLIOS
- Branding philosophies
- Brand growth strategies
- New brand
- Flanker/fighting brands
- Line extensions
- Brand extensions
- Successful and unsuccessful brand extensions
- Brand audit defined
- Brand audit techniques
- The brand audit questionnaire
- Reviewing the ‘big idea’
- Evaluating advertising